We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Plans for 91 houses in Trowbridge have been unanimously rejected

October 12, 2021 10:30 AM
By Matthew McLaughlin in Wiltshire Times

Plans for 91 houses in Trowbridge have been unanimously rejected by Wiltshire Council.

The bid by developer Wainhomes Holdings has previously come under fire from Southview Park residents who raised concerns over the developer using their estate as access for HGV and construction traffic.

A petition was launched which has since gained nearly 600 signatures.

At the meeting of the council's strategic planning committee, one resident blasted the developer for not listening to the concerns of residents and leaving the development unfinished.

Speaking against the bid, Trowbridge councillor, Stephen Cooper said if the access via Southview Park was granted it would force residents to live behind their front doors for years to come.

A spokesman for the developer said that the site was part of the strategic plan for Trowbridge as well as part of the wider Ashton Park allocation.

They added that in recommending the bid be rejected, that the council was showing an imbalance in decision as a separate bid by developer Persimmon for Ashton Park had been granted.

The spokesman concluded that they are aware of the concerns and has put together a traffic management plan to mitigate concerns.

Wainhomes bid 91 homes near Southview Park refused | Wiltshire Times