Philip Whitehead appointed Wiltshire Council Leader
Leader of the Conservative group, Philip Whitehead, was appointed Leader of Wiltshire Council and Cabinet member for Finance, Procurement and Economic Development at Full Council today (9 July).
Cllr Whitehead has represented Urchfont and The Cannings since 2013, and takes over as leader from Jane Scott, who recently stood down from the position. John Thomson also stood down from his role as Deputy Leader.
Philip was selected to be Cabinet member for Highways and Public Transport in 2014, and more recently became Cabinet member for Finance in 2017.
The following members were appointed to the council's cabinet:
- Richard Clewer: Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet member for Corporate Services, Heritage, Arts, Tourism and Housing
- Allison Bucknell: South Wiltshire Recovery, Communications, Communities, Leisure & Libraries
- Pauline Church: Children, Education & Skills
- Laura Mayes: Adult Social Care, Public Health & Public Protection
- Toby Sturgis: Spatial Planning, Development Management and Property
- Ian Blair-Pilling: ICT, Digitalisation and Operational Assets
Bridget Wayman: Cabinet member for Highways, Transport and Waste