Top of page.

South West Wiltshire Liberal Democrats

We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off

Pothole damage - how to claim

February 3, 2014 3:08 PM
By Trevor Carbin

If you've genuinely sustained damage to a vehicle caused by a pothole on a Wiltshire road you can claim recompense for repair expenses.

Report it using the My Wiltshire online form. Reports can be made anonymously, but it only takes a few minutes to register. Registration is free and once you have joined you can track the reports you have made, even receiving a notification once the work has been completed.

State that you wish to make a claim for damage to your vehicle.

The council will try to fill the pothole before it does any more damage, and you will be sent a claim form.

Be sure to keep receipts for payments for repairs carried out. If possible take photos of the damage to the vehicle and, if safe to do so, of the pothole.

Should you run into difficulties with the way the council responds to your request, contact your local councillor - details on


Original article May 2011